External/Floating outgoing/incoming network
I have used following steps to test this.
- Create tenant network, tenant subnet
- Create shared router
- For external network, I have created external network ext-net outside of script because we have to do some manual stuff here. For external networking make sure physical Ethernet port is added into external bridge br-ex and network configuration file ifcfg-br-ex and ifcfg-ethX is created with relevant info.
- Add tenant network interface to router and set gateway of router to external network.
- Create VM instance into tenant network.
- Create and assign floating IP to VM
- Add security rule for PING and SSH testing.
- For external/outgoing access ping to 126.96.36.199 (google DNS) from VM and for floating incoming access ssh to VM using floating IP from outside.